Here are five useful ways of thinking about social media and it’s potential to empower your business.
IBM’s ambitiously-titled Center for Applied Insights ran a study and produced this video that brings focus to five key areas where Social Media creates value for business.
Most of us marketers are pretty familiar with #3, but the other four concepts have loads of potential.
Many of us who are virtual workers miss the spontaneous collaborations in the hallway, elevator, water cooler. The creative power of quick collaboration opens up new ways for those sparks to travel. How can you use your social network to:
- Collaborate with colleagues you don’t just ‘run into’ anymore?
- Reach out to encourage and support less experienced team members?
- Inspire customers to get more value from your products?
- Source expertise from all your communities – users, colleagues, prospects and maybe even competitors?
- Create new avenues of feedback and improvement?
Share an example in the comments of how your business benefits from Social Media.